Sunday 2 November 2008

Thank god for Facebook because this could have been embarrassing.

Those who know me will know that I have the worlds worst memory. They will also know that I have an attention spac comparrable to that of a fly. These two factors have been know in the past to get me into a hell of a lot of trouble. Today however I was saved by the grace that is Facebook.

Here is how the story goes...

There is a certain person who's name I have always believed to be synonymous with legendary. He is always at the forefront of any conversation regarding his specific craft within the fashion industry. Dominik and I are always talking about this person with such admiration it is actually insane. It's one of those scenarios where I would have been more than honored to meet this person and simply shake his hand. So I decided to request this persons friendship on Facebook. I felt that it was probably the closest I was ever going to get to actually meeting them in person. They accepted my request however no form of communication was established by ether of us which I was totally fine with until today.

I decided I wanted to learn a little more about this person so I clicked on their profile and thought that maybe I would even leave a comment stating how amazing I thought their work was. Well, after clicking on said persons profile I decided to have a good old gander at their photos and boy did I recieve the biggest shock of my life. It turns out that not only did I recognize the face of this person, but we had actually met. On several occasions.

I think it may have been a case where every time we met I was either too drunk or to unfocused to take note of his name and profession. How stupid do I feel?

Extremely

Thank god I discovered this via Facebook though. Just imagine if we had met again at another event with all our peers and colleagues and I had said something stupid like

"So what do you do?"

I can just imagine the expression on everyone's face as I literally commit social/career suicide. It would be a travesty. Even my great great grand children would be ashamed of me.

P.S


Legend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".