Wednesday 2 June 2010

In my own Element

The Monday just gone was a bank holiday for us over here in the UK and in all honesty I can't say I was happy about it. For those of us that are self employed this means a whole extra day added to the 28 day invoice that we sent in order to get paid. It's not convenient at all. In fact, public holidays in General are of no use to me, I decide when I get time off work. Public holidays just delay my getting paid.

Anyway that's not what this post is about. On Monday, I went and lost my tattoo virginity. It was an interesting experience to say the least. A lot of my friends had told me that it doesn't really hurt. This is a lie! The pain is diabolical... To tell the truth it's not really a pain, it's more a sever and unrelenting discomfort. My tattoo only took about 30mins and the pain after that can be compared to falling down on concrete and grazing your skin. It's like a warm stinging sensation.

Check out my ink...

In case you're wondering what it all means just think back to secondary school. Remember the Periodic Table of Elements? Well these are the most important in my world. Platinum, Gold, Silver and Carbon. Why did I get these permanently etched into my skin? Well besides my love of jewellery it's also a gentle reminder that no matter how many material possessions I manage to acquire at the end of the day I'm still just a bunch of atoms and when I die I'll revert to our basic element which is carbon. Carbon also happens to be the same thing Diamonds are made of. Just goes to show how special we are.

P.S
They are not in order of atomic mass as they would be on the periodic table. I've placed them in order of value based on the cost of extraction... Hurray for science

5 comments:

  1. U r very brave to go 4 such a big one on your 1st go!!! I really like what u did. Still yet to pop my tatoo cherry myself but im sure i'll get round to it one day.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. not huge on tattoos myself but I can identify with yours' cos of the concept behind it...evidently you must be a deep thinker :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking a lot about getting a tattoo lately, but I think they look awful on pale or fair skin, especially as time passes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think tattoos look good on all skin types. It just depends what kind you get really. There's always something for everyone though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gotta love the concept! dreaming of the day i'll get my first:))

    ReplyDelete

"I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".