Wednesday 24 September 2008

A day in the life of Mr Crown...

Today has been quite an interesting day. I say interesting because I don't really know how else to describe it but for those of you who ever wondered what it was like to be me, (I know all of you have) this is a typical example of a regular day as Niyi Crown.

(This is a very long post however the ending is worth it all)

I woke up this morning and got ready for work. Before I left I spoke with Annoushka from the Bape press office to arrange an appointment to view the Spring/Summer 09 collection.

(Oh my sweet shitties, as I type this I can hear a mouse squeaking from the other side of the room. I've never heard this before, I thought mouse squeaking was just an urban legend)

So I left my house to get on the bus to the office and there was a crazy woman in the street near the bus stop going ballistic because nobody had a lighter for her to light her cigarette. I would have offered her mine but I was a little intimidated by the fact that her ass was hanging out of her trousers from where she had been stamping her feet like a kid throwing a tantrum. Cellulite is not sexy!

So I got to the office and had to leave shortly after my arrival because there was a press day for me and Dominik (assistant) to attend. We went to view the Lee Cooper and Jean Charles De Castelbajac collaboration. I did a few fashion returns while Dominik went back to the office.

After making the returns I called up George (tech editor) to organize the return of a Sony Ericsson phone that he was testing. Turns out that he was near Selfridges so I walked over to meet him. He gave me the phone after exchanging our greetings and stood chatting for a few minutes before I decide that I wanted to take a trip into Selfridges. We walked through the jewelery section (obviously) and into the Wonder Room (again, obviously) still talking and making comments as we passed by the amazing objects of desire. Our conversation soon turned into me totally just bitching about how life isn't great and how it could be so much better when the lady behind the till decided to join in. Without going into too much detail me and Taline get to talking about fashion (turns out she's a designer). We exchange details and then something realy weird happens. She just pulled out 2 back issues of WOUND magazine (which I love) and says I can take them. She putt them in a nice yellow bag and says here you go.


Freebies from selfridges are always good right? Anyway the fabulousness of the situation quickly came to an end as my mouth slowly filled with blood due to the fact that I had bitten the inside of my cheek. Thankfully I was well on my way back to the office so nobody could see the horrid face I was pulling. Before all of this though I bump into superstar Video Director Mo Ali. This was the first time we had met in person so it was a nice greeting. Through out our whole conversation all I remember thinking is "WOW I'm jealous of this guys eye lashes, they're so dangerous". So anyway, I get back to the office only to be greeted by an invitation to a music event being hosted in the Swarovski Crystalized store by Music Matrix.

Namalee and myself got to the event in the middle of a performance which was actually amazing at about 7:45. The thing about this event is it was a music event. It was a music crowd. I was totally alien to this kind of environment because I am fashion. I'm used to walking into a room and everyone competing to be seen in their best outfit. Not at this event. Everyone just looked so normal. Me an Namalee stood out like a fire in the woods. I loved it.

On my way home I was absolutely shattered and my feet were killing me because my trainers are a size too small. As I walked home from the bus stop I decide to start taking all of my jewelery off. It is a long process and I didn't want to wait till I got home before I began. I got home and start to take all of my jewels out of my pocket only to find that one was missing. After frantically searching for about half an hour I forgot what I was even looking for to begin with and sat down to eat some pasta instead. With a mouth full of food I suddenly blurted out "OH MY GOD I'VE JUST LOST THE MOST EXPENSIVE PIECE OF JEWELRY I OWN".

All I have to say is that some luck bastard is about to stumble across a platinum and diamond ring and should they choose to sell it...
££££££


P.S
Don't think I didn't go out to search for the ring because I did. This isn't the first time this has happened to me either, I just didn't learn my lesson the first time around. I'm pretty calm about it because if not I will just break down and cry.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, that must really hurt. I get sad enough losing my cheap H&M earrings let alone a diamond ring. Bless :(

    ReplyDelete

"I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".